Sunday, September 07, 2008

family

spent a month in calgary doing yoga and poking around my parents' beautiful garden. collaborated with my brother on an art project. went to the farm where my mum grew up and visited the grave of my grandparents, which is outside of a tiny, rural albertan town amidst rippling fields and the vast hugeness of prairie sky.

in lillooet now, mourning the passing of kristy's mum. i didn't know her, but from all the stories and photos that her friends and family have shared i know that she certainly was loved. it's such a strange process to see the ending of a life and the complexity of emotional, social and bureaucratic ropes that ensnare us all. it's not really my place to say anything about it and so i won't.

i don't know where i'll be going next but my thoughts are with all of you. with my blood family and also my other family that has sprung out of fortune, geography and circumstance. it's amazing to see how much of you is in me and how it comes out at the strangest times. much love to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home