Tuesday, August 20, 2013

big book of british smiles

munger

well, thanks to the ashram tea, i was accumulating enough stains on my teeth to apply for a centrefold in the big book of british smiles.  this realisation prompted me to see the dentist, marking my first excursion from the ashram in 6 months.  discovery of a not-too-shocking cavity (have i mentioned the tea?) has now prompted my second visit.  it's odd to go to a dentist where you sit on lawn furniture in the waiting area... then he comes out, barefoot, puts on the gloves over top of a whole row of gaudy gold rings and off you go.  he was thankfully assisted by 3 helpers.  2 with duties, one who appeared to be there for moral support.  i also was quite impressed by his "mouth opener" which resembled a medieval torture device in miniature.  nonetheless, the cavity was repaired painlessly and i was quite satisfied.

so what to report?  i fogot how to use an atm and most of my computer passwords.

it's basically impossible for me to write about anything else that's going on, there's just no words really.  it's like trying to describe your situation while in the middle of a tornado, but in this case the tornado is inside of myself.  i suppose i will just say that i know i am doing the right thing, that i am in the right place and i am trying to do the best i can with what i have.  

so much love to you all.  please write to me- you have no idea how amazing it is to get letters!

natalie rogers
c/o ganga darshan
fort
munger, bihar
811201
india

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie,
Since last time I told you that if I am going back to India I would have let you kmie...dell i should came in one month,let me know if you are free for a cup of chai.
Take care.
Federico

2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that was the experience for me too when I came out first time after some 2 years. Took some time just to get accustomed to how the world works out here... But second time it was quicker.... and am back in form in this world sooner....

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home