Friday, January 11, 2013

flow

kolkata--> munger--> rikhiapeeth--> munger--> kashi

and somehow i'm spit out in varanasi once again, remembering that it's never to late in the day to wish someone a good morning.  finding myself in a place where one can decide to go see the dalai llama on a whim.  living next to ganga, walking these ancient steps, and hurting somewhere in the lower abdomen.

i was in munger/ rikhia for 4 months prior to this.  it was my longest ashram stay since i did the 4 month course in 2009.  every time that i return my connection to these places gets stronger and stronger.  feeling steadier, braver and incredibly grateful.  don't laugh: i had my seva in the computer office.  amazing training, to spend most of my days feeling utterly incompetent. and now i somewhat know how to use excel.  not what one might think i would pick up staying in an ashram in rural india.  that, and scrubbing cold marble on my hands and knees before sunrise... the simple and the complex, and trying to learn how to flow with life, flow with other people, flow within my messy self.

now here i am, o too briefly in kashi!  temples and pizza and HOT WATER!!! beautiful city of shiva, great cremation ground, forest of bliss and a thousand more names.

o to flow like ganga flows...           

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home