Wednesday, December 07, 2005

wherever you go, there you are

(eb)

Hello. Natalie and I have decided to blog together (or to at least try it out). I'm redirecting my email list over to here, and we'll see how it goes.

So we're in Kuching. Have seen some caves (bats hanging like fruit, mmm fruit) and two parks (stayed one night in the second: Bako National Park, daytripped the first). In the first park, I nearly stepped on a four/five foot snake (and I do indeed mean 'nearly'!). The second was very beautiful but our stay was cut short because we didn't book in advance and it all filled up the next night. There were macaque monkeys here, who I witnessed go in through the 'canteen's' window and steal a pack of mentos, the freshmaker. I also saw one when it realized there was an annoying insect flying around it, then it spun around crazywindfast and grabbed it in the air, just as quickly tore it in two, sniffed it, then threw it away.

There are weird insects here. The ants all seem to bite (how many different ant bites can I get?) and the mosquitos seem to feast. The forests are full of construction bugs: they sound like chainsaws or power machines or something like that. Always workin, always busy at it.

The fruit is fantastic (those of you who know me know I love fruit). Fruit fruit everywhere, types I've never heard of, types I won't remember. Yay! The markets here in Kuching are amazing as well.

----------------------------------------------------------

But, of course, wondering time is approaching.

Why are we here? What is happening? (QUESTION.)

Wherever you go, there you are.

Yeah.

2 Comments:

Blogger a:dam said...

I try to comment and end up with blue and orange blog of my own; this must have been how my third cousin Jack was born 9 months, to the hour, behind his sis Peggy. One thing leads to another, I'm going to find you I'm going to getyagetyagetya. This is the last week of my gymnastics classes, and one of my running stunt buckets gave me a tin full of his halloween candy. Thats right, all handled and faded. So far this week I haven't fallen in the snow,but I plan as soon as the onepeice and black and florescent boots get pulled out of the trunk: most likely later tonight. Next, dogsleding with shasta, I sled and he runs after. Fear the wind chill my hairless island rabbits.

a.dam good cheek to pinch.

11:24 PM  
Blogger slow low flying turkey said...

you people...you people. who knew that merely to respond to your lovely comments i had to go to the darkside, and now somehow, before i knew what was happening i too had one of these cursed blogs. blog blog blog. it's a good word.

things here are not as sweaty as there. in fact they are downright cold.

but.

i hope all is well with you little turkeys.

gobble gobble your little hearts out.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home